Turkey Run State Park is for the public. All visitors are expected to
observe the following rules which are designed to fulfill the purpose
for which state parks were established, namely, to preserve a primitive
landscape in its natural condition for the use and enjoyment of the people.
- Do not injure or damage any structure, rock, tree, flower, bird or
wild animal. Do NOT gather limbs, brush or trees (either
dead or alive) for firewood! They MUST be allowed to remain to rebuild
the natural humus.
- Any firearm (except validly licensed handguns), BB gun, air gun, CO2 gun, bow and arrow, or
spear gun in possession in a state park must be unloaded or un-nocked
and stored in a case or locked within a vehicle except when participating
in an activity authorized by written permit.
- Dogs and cats must be kept on a leash no longer than six feet and
attended at all times.
- Vending or advertising without permission of the
Department of Natural Resources is prohibited.
- Camping is permitted only in the campground. Youth groups must be
under adult supervision.
- Fires shall be built only in spaces provided.
- Please comply with the Carry In/Carry Out trash policy in all day
use areas. Overnight guests must put waste in receptacles provided for
- Motorists will observe speed limits as posted, and park in designated
- Swimming is limited to the swimming pool only. Swimming is not allowed
- Drinking water should be taken only from pumps, hydrants or fountains
provided for that purpose. This water is tested regularly for purity.
- Report lost or found articles to the park office.
- All motorized vehicles must remain on paved roadway. Snowmobiles are
- Use of metal detectors prohibited.
- Park closes from 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM, and no one is allowed in
the park between these hours except for overnight Inn guest and campers.
- Please let wild animals remain wild. Feeding deer is prohibited. Feeding
of all wild animals can result in harm to both animals and people. Animals
that depend on handouts become a nuisance to park visitors and a danger
to themselves. Please lock up all food and coolers inside cars or campers.
- Please stay on marked trails.
- Gold prospecting is not permitted.
- Commercial filming and photography allowed with permit. Instructions - Agreement
- Motor-driven airborne devices (RC airplanes) should be operated in designated areas only or with clearance from property management. Drones are not currently permitted on DNR properties.
- Use of DNR Property by Private Organizations: Special Events Permit/License. If an individual, business or other group wishes to host an event such as a public meeting, parade, contest, competition, sporting activity or other special event or activity on a DNR property, that individual or organization must obtain a Special Events Permit/License as required by 312 IAC 8-2-15. The application for a license/permit can be obtained by contacting the property manager of Turkey Run State Park. The application should be completed and submitted for review at least 30 days prior to the event, and must be approved prior to any publicity for the event. An application fee of $25 is required, and additional fees may apply depending on the nature of the event.
Note: While this isn't the official park website,
it IS the most complete and easy-to-use site, with everything you need
to plan a trip to Turkey Run State Park.
Copyright 2002-2020 The
Technological Edge, Inc., All rights reserved.